British Council opens a call for application for UK Alumni activities for period December 2014 – February 2015.
The aim of UK Alumni Youth Champion is to position UK Higher Education through a greater investment of resources, skills and dedicated activities by building stronger relationship between alumni and British Council working together to deliver activities related to UK higher education and UK alumni in Indonesia.
UK higher education strives to develop academic, professional and leadership potential and stimulate lasting change by empowering global network of skilled individuals through high-quality education experiences in the UK and overseas.
The alumni return to Indonesia with new ideas and knowledge, and the ability to make a significant contribution to Indonesia as leaders in their field. Their capacities and influence may help in stimulating economic growth and addressing social and economic challenges in Indonesia.
For the UK, the alumni make up an influential global network of leaders, advocates and change-makers and establish a network of ambassadors across the world. The project recognises that education develops skills and knowledge, builds enduring people, country and professional links and has the power to influence positive changes.
- To promote UK Higher Education through a high profile alumni activities
- To facilitate networks between alumni and alumni associations to create a critical mass of UK champions
- To engage them in student recruitment to the UK and support UK education providers to deliver successful alumni relations activities
There will be four UK Alumni Youth Champions who will work in Medan, Jakarta, Jogjakarta and Surabaya with British Council for a one year period from March 2015 – February 2016.
Scope of work
- Writing article for education UK website
- Social Media
- Event Management
Knowledge of Information
- Create interesting articles based on candidate’s area of interest, expertise and experience related to the UK Education and post it to education UK website (3 articles per quarter)
- Post positive and useful information on British Council Indonesia’s Facebook and Twitter account
- Update or post upcoming useful or interesting events that linked with UK alumni
Event management and promotion
- Involve in promotion plan that related to UK higher education promotion and alumni activities
- Actively become part of the core team for Higher Education Team on alumni activities. The alumni will involve in pre event, event and post event (evaluation) with min 2-event per year.
UK Education counsellor (online and offline)
- Communicate and provide advice to potential student
- Act as a counsellor for students seeking for information related to UK higher education
- Graduated from a UK higher education institution for undergraduate or postgraduate degree or has been studying and living in the UK for at least 12 months.
- Age between 21 – 30 years old.
- Should have interest in writing for the web or other form of media, event management experience, and knowledge about UK higher education.
- Strong commitment and passion to deliver the role as UK Alumni Youth Champion as described above.
- Interested candidate will submit a complete application of interest (annex 1) and a 3-minute video outlining promotion and outreach activities plan to help reach potential students in Indonesia in 2015-2016.
- Reference and support letter from company (if any)
How to enter
Closing date - submit your entry before midnight on 28 February 2014.
How to submit - Upload your video as an application for the UK Alumni Youth Champion Competition as follows:
- Step 1: Sign in to your YouTube account
- Step 2: Upload your video entry, and input the title and description (your name and location) in the fields provided.
- Step 3: Send the link of your video and the completed application form to email@example.com
Who can enter
You must be a graduate from UK’s higher education institutions and be 21 – 30 years old to be eligible to participate in the UK Alumni Youth Champions Competition.
About the video
The video can be been shot on a mobile phone and can be up to 3 minutes long. Please take note of the following:
- Do not use music if you do not own the copyright to a piece of music and/or sound recording, or you haven't obtained permission from the composer, publisher and/or record company to use it, don’t use it. This includes background music.
- Clear all rights - when you submit your video, all rights must be cleared. This means it's your own original work and that anyone who appears in it or whose work you have used in it are fully credited (if they want to be) and have agreed to being filmed in the first place and their performance being filmed. This includes but is not limited to brands, artwork, stills, video, and music. However, it is your responsibility to identify and clear all copyright and/or other intellectual property rights which belong to a third party included in your video.
- Keep it clean - we can't accept any defamatory, obscene, blasphemous or unlawful material.
- Keep it safe - please do not send footage of you doing anything dangerous, risky or where you or someone else could be hurt or someone copying what you do could be hurt.
The winners shall have their video displayed on British Council Indonesia’s YouTube account. The winners are entitled to represent British Council in promoting the excellence of UK higher education in Indonesia.
Participants agree to allow their video, name, likeness and voice to be used without compensation if required by British Council for advertising, publicity or other purposes, for which there will be no compensation payable to you.
- 1 December 2014 – 28 February 2014 - UK Alumni Youth Champions application opens
- 1 – 10 March 2015 - Short listing process. British Council will select ten suitable candidates to be invited for an interview
- 13 March 2015 - The UK Youth Alumni Champions awarding night