The aim of UK Alumni Youth Champion is to position UK Higher Education through a greater investment of resources, skills and dedicated activities by building stronger relationship between alumni and British Council working together to deliver activities related to UK higher education and UK alumni in Indonesia.
UK higher education strives to develop academic, professional and leadership potential and stimulate lasting change by empowering global network of skilled individuals through high-quality education experiences in the UK and overseas.
The alumni return to Indonesia with new ideas and knowledge, and the ability to make a significant contribution to Indonesia as leaders in their field. Their capacities and influence may help in stimulating economic growth and addressing social and economic challenges in Indonesia.
For the UK, the alumni make up an influential global network of leaders, advocates and change-makers and establish a network of ambassadors across the world. The project recognises that education develops skills and knowledge, builds enduring people, country and professional links and has the power to influence positive changes.
- To promote UK Higher Education through a high profile alumni activities
- To facilitate networks between alumni and alumni associations to create a critical mass of UK champions
- To engage them in student recruitment to the UK and support UK education providers to deliver successful alumni relations activities
There will be four UK Alumni Youth Champions who will work in Medan, Jakarta, Jogjakarta and Surabaya with British Council for a one year period from March 2015 – February 2016.
Scope of work
- Writing article for education UK website
- Social Media
- Event Management
Knowledge of Information
- Create interesting articles based on candidate’s area of interest, expertise and experience related to the UK Education and post it to education UK website (3 articles per quarter)
- Post positive and useful information on British Council Indonesia’s Facebook and Twitter account
- Update or post upcoming useful or interesting events that linked with UK alumni
Event management and promotion
- Involve in promotion plan that related to UK higher education promotion and alumni activities
- Actively become part of the core team for Higher Education Team on alumni activities. The alumni will involve in pre event, event and post event (evaluation) with min 2-event per year.
UK Education counsellor (online and offline)
- Communicate and provide advice to potential student
- Act as a counsellor for students seeking for information related to UK higher education
Click on the UK Alumni Youth Champions Competition link below to find out how to participate.