Calling All Education Agents, to have an International Recognition and Attract New Students with the British Council Agent Training Programme!
The British Council Indonesia has launched its new batch of the Agent Training Programme. It is designed for education advisors to increase their capacity to promote UK education and reward ethical and professional behaviour, also to improve the quality of agents, by providing a British Council professional development route, and of course an international recognition as having achieved a high standard of excellence.
The aims of this Agent Training Programme are to increase the number, effectiveness and quality of agents working on behalf of UK schools, colleges, language centres, and universities, and to build agent capacity and professionalism in an industry that plays a key role in international student recruitment market worldwide, by conferring on suitably trained and experienced education agents/advisors, ‘British Council trained agent status’.
What the course covers
The training programme is to develop knowledge of the following:
- The UK education and training system; courses and qualifications at each level.
- The attractions for students considering studying and living in the UK.
- Quality assurance mechanisms and how they operate.
- Student lifestyle issues – living costs, travel and accommodation.
- Course fees and scholarships.
- Welfare and support provided for international students in the UK.
- UK application procedures and standard entry requirements; visa and immigration regulations.
The course takes place over an eight-week period in which you access the course material online. There is also a webinar support session to facilitate lively discussions between the participants and the trainers.
- Registration opens from: 9 June – 2 July 2017.
- Course starts from: 3 July – 25 August 2017.
Benefits of taking the course
The agent will get the certificate (valid for two years) which is recognized by UK institutions and it demonstrates to students and parents that agents have gained knowledge in the areas.
As a British Council Certified agent, the agent can appear on the Global Agents List. The Global Agents list is a website on which details of all agents who have been successful in our British Council Agent Training programme over the last two years will be publicly available, subject to the agents consent.
Agents also find the training immensely valuable, not just for the information and knowledge they gain, but also for the contacts and networks they develop doing the training.
To apply and for further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org