The Webinar Series on English Language Assessment and Learning is an English language assessment initiative organised by the British Council Indonesia Foundation in collaboration with TEFLIN (The Association for the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language in Indonesia).
Looking to the Future: English Language Assessment 2020 and Beyond
- The importance of English language assessment: Assessment standards, Frameworks and Current Practice in Indonesia
- Improving English Language Assessment: The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Future Trends: Exploring the Growing Use of A.I. and Technology in Language Assessment
- Practical Solutions for Online Assessment
The webinar series will have the following objectives:
- Influence the introduction and adoption of language standards and frameworks into the education system as a precursor to developing the English language skills of learners and enabling Indonesia to achieve internationalisation aspirations.
- Enhance understanding of the current opportunities and challenges for English language assessment in the Indonesian educational context and providing practical recommendations on how to overcome those.
- Connect teachers, education and English language assessment professionals to facilitate sharing of expertise in their fields and better understanding of the mutual impact between teaching and testing.
This webinar series will be of interest to:
- Academics and influencers
- Educational professionals
- Assessment experts and practitioners
There will be a total of 4 webinars. Different topic will be presented each week.
|1 October 2020||13.30 – 15.30 WIB||The importance of English language assessment: Assessment standards, Frameworks and Current Practice in Indonesia|
|8 Oktober 2020||13.30 – 15.30 WIB||Improving English Language Assessment: The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages|
|15 Oktober 2020||13.30 – 15.30 WIB||Future Trends: Exploring the Growing Use of A.I. and Technology in Language Assessment|
|22 October 2020||13.30 – 15.30 WIB||Practical Solutions for Online Assessment|
Register online here to attend the Webinar Series on English Language Assessment and Learning. Participants will not be charged a registration fee.
The webinars will be accessible online via a link to be provided for each webinar. You will receive a reminder 1 day before the event date.