The 2nd Indonesian Ballet Gala: an inclusive dance event
For the first time ever in Indonesia, a unique dance event that celebrates world-class talents, passion and commitment to art despite physical conditions!
UK Candoco Dance Company collaborates with Ballet ID to focus on participants with disability in their new piece CanDoDance. This project aims to showcase the unlimited potential of disability in art practices, and be a pilot project leading up to Asian ParaGames to be held next year in Jakarta.
During the performances (approx. 120 min duration), audiences will be captivated by performances of outstanding dancers from across the globe as well as inclusive dances with Indonesia’s diffable and non-diffable dancers, including:
- A performance from Australian Marc Brew, performer, choreographer, and dancer with many international awards. He was 20 years old when he was paralyzed from the waist down after a car accident.
- Candoco Dance Company’s Studies for C, a piece inspired by Tennessee Williams’ play Camino Real and Samuel Beckett’s Waiting for Godot, danced by London-based contemporary dance company of disabled and non-disabled dancers.
- Queensland Ballet, who bring the beauty and purity of ballet via Black Swan pas de deux and Spartacus excerpts.
- Magali Saby’s La Fille de l’Air. Magali is a French diffable dancer, model and actress. She choreographed this piece to be premiered in Indonesia, and danced by herself and 5 professional Indonesian dancers.
- Universal Ballet, who bring the best of Asian ballets
Titanium: Rp 1,250,000.00
Platinum: Rp 800,000.00
Gold: Rp 600,000.00
Silver: Rp 420,000.00
Bronze: Rp 280,000.00