The pre-departure briefing is an annual event organised by the British Council in order to provide essential information to all students who have received an offer from UK institutions (Undergraduate and Postgraduate level).
The session includes guidelines on how to prepare yourself for your stay and includes topics such as:
- immigration and passport control procedures
- how to get to schools, colleges and universities
- first arrival payments for British Council managed scholars
- welfare matters
- financial matters and budget planning
- cultural differences
- spending weekends with host families.
Participants also have a chance to meet with UK alumni from various institutions in a friendly, informal reception to talk more and answer your specific questions about student life in the UK.
Please contact us to learn more or join our next pre-departure briefing.