We are happy to invite you to take part in our environmental lesson plan competition, as part of the English and Environmental Education in Indonesia programme organised by the British Council and HSBC, supported by PPPPTK Bahasa and the Education Department of DKI Jakarta.
Our favourite entries will win:
- 1st place: a trip to Bandung to participate in the 10th International Conference – The Language Curriculum and Assessment at Institut Teknologi Bandung on 3rd – 5th June 2014 and free IELTS test. A total value of IDR 5,500,000.
- 2nd place: free IELTS test and English books. A total value of IDR 2,500,000.
- 3rd place: English books. A total value of IDR 1,000,000.
- 4th and 5th place: English books. A total value of IDR 500,000 each.
The 5 favourite lessons will be used as part of a film showcasing the project.
How to enter
- Submit entry form and your lesson plan with a clear environmental focus to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to British Council, Indonesia Stock Exchange, Tower 2, 16th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53, Jakarta Selatan 12190 by 24 February 2014.
- Register and attend the closing event of “English and Environmental Education in Indonesia” programme in March 2014.
Please indicate the following:
- Your full name,
- Your contact details: e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number,
- The school where the lesson was taught,
- The grade level and subject,
- The class size,
- Tittle of lesson,
- Objective of lesson,
- Description of practice activities, and
- Desired outcomes of the lesson
Your lesson plans will be assessed against these criteria: clear environmental focus, creativity and lesson plan organization (level and number of learners, brief learner/class profile, clear achievable aims, clear rationale, anticipated problems and solutions, aids and materials, procedures, patterns of interaction, timings).
Terms & Conditions:
- The content produced in the lesson plans must be your own work.
- Any images used must be royalty free or correctly cited.
- Written in Bahasa Indonesia.
- All text portions should be typed and double-spaced on A4 size white paper using black ink in a word or pdf format; have one-inch margins; and be printed using Times New Roman or similar font in 12 point.
- Each teacher can submit more than one lesson plan.
- All entries must be submitted before the 20th February 2014 with subject “E&E Lesson Plan Competition”.
- The winning entries will be notified at the “English and Environmental Education in Indonesia” programme closing event in March 2014. Place and date are to be advised.
- All entrants grant permission for the British Council to republish the content in a free to download eBook.
- There will be no cash alternatives to the prizes.
- Registration deadline: 14 March 2014
- Winner announcement: 27 March 2014
We are looking forward to your participation!
For more information, please call 021-5155561 / 0811-84-70-882