Culture Connects Us is an online festival consisting of a series of events in education, arts and culture held by British Council Indonesia with partners in Indonesia and the United Kingdom. This festival is one of our efforts to present arts and culture and educational opportunities so that we stay connected and support each other in this challenging time.
Saturday, 9 May 2020
Ngobrol Bareng Hana Madness, Seni dan Pandemi
16.00-17.00 WIB | via Instagram Live @idbritish
by: Hana Madness (Visual Artist)
Sunday, 10 May2020
Brewing Challenge: Kopi Rempah-Rempah
15.00-16.00 WIB | via Instagram Live @idbritish
Dicky Senda and Dian Sasmita will brew a cup of beverage with a touch of local spices from Molo and Solo while exchanging stories of how their communities join hands in facing the Covid-19 pandemic
by: Dicky Senda (Lakoat Kujawas di Provinsi NTT) dan Dian Sasmita (Sahahat Kapas di Provinsi Jawa Tengah)
Monday, 11 May2020
Ideas for Campaigning Your Social Causes Related to Covid-19
13.00-14.30 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/CCUIdeasforCampaign
This session brings together three speakers experienced in crowdfunding and community mobilisation to share ideas on how to create effective and engaging campaign for social causes.
1. Vikra Ijaz (Co-Founder Kitabisa.com)
2. Chaerany Putri (Founder of Gerak Cepat)
3. Dayu Rifanto (Buku untuk Papua, Active Citizen)
Moderated by Ari Sutanti (Senior Programme Manager Society, British Council Indonesia)
Chevening Scholarship Information Session
15.00-15.30 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/CheveningInfo
In this webinar session, the British Embassy responsible for the Chevening program will provide information and answer your questions directly.
by: Rowena Rompas (Scholarship and Alumni Coordinator, British Embassy Jakarta)
Tuesday, 12 May 2020
How Small Businesses Can Survive During Covid-19: Sharing Session on Finance & Contingency Planning
10.00-11.00 WIB | via Zoom Webinar *to be confirmed
A session to support small businesses overcome challenges during the pandemic. Through case studies and practical finance and marketing tactics, this session aims to inspire small businesses to survive and thrive.
by: Dwi Purnomo (Founder of the Local Enablers) dan Jimmy Febriyadi (Founder of Increase)
Why Study in the UK?: An Introduction to What You Can Expect from a UK Education
15.00-15.30 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/StudyUKWebinar
In this webinar, the British Council UK Study team will provide information and answer your questions directly.
by: Helen Yang (Senior Marketing Manager Study UK, East Asia, British Council)
Wednesday, 13 May 2020
What’s Next After Graduating?: A Guide to Starting Your career with Top British Companies (ft. Success Stories from UK Alumni)
15.00-15.30 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/GuideStartingCareer
In this webinar session, the British Chamber which is an association of companies based in the UK will provide guidance and answer your questions. One UK alumni will also share his experiences on how to have a good career at a large company in Indonesia.
by: British Chamber of Commerce di Indonesia
1. Ryan Putra Gushendra (Associate Manager of Michael Page Indonesia)
2. Angelin Sumendap (Head of Corporate Communication and Branding of Chandra Asri Petrochemical )
Kamis, 14 Mei 2020
How to Get Great IELTS Score
15.00-16.00 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/IELTSGreatScore
In this webinar, the British Council Exam team will provide information and guidance on how to prepare for the test and then get your best score.
by: Jonathan Stevens (IELTS expert)
Friday, 15 May 2020
Looking East: East Asia Music Market Insight Session in partnership with British Council
10.00-11.00 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on Eventbrite
1. Yue Zhao (COO/Co-Founder, Merrie Records, from China)
2. Irfan Aulia (Managing Director Massive Music and Portamento Project, from Indonesia)
3. Cecilia Soojeong Yi (Executive Manager, Zandari Festa, from South Korea)
4. Joel Mills (Senior Music Programme Manager, British Council)
Preparing for IELTS from Home
13.00-14.00 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Registrasi di bit.ly/CCUPrepareforIELTS
oleh: Angga Kramadibrata (Academic Manager Teaching Centre British Council Indonesia)
A Guide to Writing an Effective Personal Statement
15.00-15.30 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/WritePersonalStatement
In this webinar, one of the UK universities will share information about making a good personal statement.
by: Vikki Wilson (Regional Manager Southeast Asia, University of York)
How to Develop an Ace CV
16.00-16.30 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/DevelopAceCV
In this webinar, one of the UK universities will share information on how to make an attractive CV.
by: Noeleen Hammond Jones (International Careers Consultant, The University of Manchester)
Sabtu, 16 Mei 2020
Diskusi Riset “Pemetaan Ekologi Sektor Musik Indonesia”
13.00-15.00 WIB | via Zoom *dalam konfirmasi
1. Idhar Resmadi (Dosen Telkom University, Penulis, dan Penerima Hibah Riset Musik British Council)
2. Wendi Putranto (Manajer Seringai & M-Bloc Space)
3. Nadia Yustina (Founder Amity Asia)
4. Hafez Gumay (Peneliti Kebijakan Koalisi Seni Indonesia)
Moderator: Nuran Wibisono (Jurnalis Musik Tirto.Id)
Industry 4.0: What It Is and Why It Matters for Students
15.00-16.00 | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/Industry40ForStudents
Have you ever heard the term of the industry 4.0? What is the impact of industry 4.0 on companies and types of job? What should be prepared by students who are currently still studying in high school or college in facing industry 4.0? The answers to the questions above can be found in this webinar.
1. Yoris Sebastian (Co-Founder Inspigo)
2. Paul Setio Kartono (Chief Strategy Officer, Prudential Indonesia)
3. Imran Hashim (Senior Liaison Manager Southeast Asia, University of Warwick)
4. Dr Carl Diver (Industry 4.0 Lead at Manchester Metropolitan University; Reader in Industrial Digitalisation, Department of Engineering, Manchester Metropolitan University)
5. Dr Eric Lou (Reader in Project Management, Department of Engineering, Manchester Metropolitan University)
Youth Talk: Covid-19 from the Perspectives of Public Health, Food Security, and Transport Management.
16.00-17.00 WIB | via Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/CCUYouthRoundtable
by: Future Leaders Connect Alumni
1. Felippa Ann Amanta (Member of Future Leaders Connect 2017)
2. Gandrie Ramadhan Apriandito (Member of Future Leaders Connect 2017)
3. Nurul Maretia Rahmayanti (Member of Future Leaders Connect 2017 )
Minggu, 17 Mei 2020
Job Interviewing Tips
14.00-14.30 | Zoom Webinar | Register on bit.ly/CCUInterviewTips
by: Sarah Milanes (Leader of Professional Development Centre)
Ramadhan in the UK and in Indonesia
16.00-17.00 WIB | via Instagram Live @idbritish
by: Adnan Sohail (British Ulama/Aid Worker Minhaj Welfare Foundation)