For the past 9 years, the British Council has delivered a successful social leadership training programme called Active Citizens, that promotes inter cultural dialogue and community-led social development. Drawing on this programme, the British Council, in partnership with the Social Enterprise Academy, have developed a similar programme aimed at developing and supporting social enterprise leaders.
There is growing number of social enterprises in Indonesia and needs from the social enterprises to understand the concept of social enterprise itself and how to run social enterprise to become sustainable.
Therefore, British Council Indonesia has been delivered Active Citizens Social Enterprise (ACSE) since October 2015 to give an option for the social enterprise a toolkit to enhance their soft skills. This programme was delivered together with our partners e.g. universities and local organisations. We have received positive feedback and interest from them to implement the ACSE.
The last National ToT ACSE was held back in 2016. There is a need to have more ACSE facilitators who will cascade the training content to their communities and will also enable to reach large numbers of audiences, especially in eastern part of Indonesia.
This training is relevant for:
- University lecturers
- Social Enterprises
- Community leaders
- Community facilitators
With the following requirements:
- Having a strong understanding of the issues / social issues at local or national level;
- A social enterprise who runs community-based social enterprise;
- Works closely with communities through social entrepreneurship;
- Facilitates academic activities with the community and integrates these values into teaching;
- Works in community development or incubation for community and or student;
- Having a strong commitment together with their organisation/institution to implement the social entrepreneurship principles within the organisasion, cascade the workshop to communities after the workshop is completed, in consultation with British Council.
Objectives of The Training
- To get better understanding of the main principles of the Social Entrepreneurship and its role in sustainable community development.
- To get better understanding of the key elements of sustainable sosial enterprise.
- To get better understanding of challenges faced by social enterprise and how to respond to those challenges
- To become familiar and confident with the learning journey and gain experience that enables delivery direct to future participants and communities for delivery partners and facilitators.
- To be able to plan, deliver and cascade ACSE activities for delivery partners and facilitators in the fields.
- To develop skills in using ACSE toolkit.
Due to limited space and in order to have effective workshop, participants will be selected for up to 30 participants. Please fill in application form below and send it to email@example.com by 28 October 2018.
Britsih Council will only contact the selected participants by 2 November 2018.
- The British Council and Universitas Surabaya will select the participants as its sole discretion, based on the application form and availability of the workshop spaces.
- The British Council and Universitas Surabaya will select up to 30 participants to participate in this training.
- BBritish Council will not provide transportation facilities (flight, train or car, etc) to and from Surabaya, the workshop location.