Next Generation Indonesia: Research Opportunity
Next Generation is a research programme that gathers data to explore the needs, potential and aspirations of young prople globally. The overall aim of Next Generation is defined through 3 strands:
- Research: Understanding youth attitudes and aspirations
- Youth voice: Amplifying youth voice
- Policy impact: Supporting better youth policymaking
The British Council is looking for researcher(s) to conduct research and stakeholder engagement activity into the livelihoods and aspirations of young people in Indonesia.
The British Council would like to understand what young people think about their livelihoods through the key areas of:
- Education and skills
- Civic and community engagement
- Global outlook
- Local and global challenges
- Looking to the future
Across the areas of interest listed above, we are particularly interested in:
- Understanding the role of digital, technology and media across these key areas.
- Understanding how the barriers that youth face within these key areas intersect with the demographics of different youth groups. This is to better understand which youth groups are seen to be/not be equipped to develop, access, and utilise solutions to realise their full potential.
- Understanding how the British Council and wider UK might be positioned to support developing solutions to the challenges and barriers that impact and are highlighted by youth in Indonesia.
The British Council holds a strong commitment to Gender and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) as stated in the organisation’s policy and most recent strategy. Next Generation Indonesia must ensure the adequate and purposeful inclusion and adherence of the British Council’s approach to Gender and EDI. It must contribute to diversity and gender outcomes, through its research methods and tools, sampling and data collection, and dissemination of research.
The British Council is looking to appoint a reputable service provider(s) with the following qualities:
Research skills and experience:
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research track record evidenced by previous projects.
- Expertise in conducting interviews and identifying case studies, evidenced by previous research projects.
- Strong experience in developing participatory research.
- Strong and dedicated team with suitable experience and qualifications.
- Strong experience in conducting research remotely and/or using digital/technological tools and methods.
Stakeholder engagement skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience in developing, arranging, and leading on a variety of stakeholder engagement activities throughout the research process to inform the research process, in addition to create interes with relevant stakeholders.
- Strong experience in conducting stakeholder engagement activities remotely and/or using digital/technological tools and methods.
Please note: We anticipate that due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the size of the target country (Indonesia), a substantial amount of – if not all – of fieldwork, data collection and stakeholder engagement will be conducted remotely using a range of digital and technological tools and methods.
Local knowledge and expertise:
- Knowledge and expertise in the political, social, economic, and cultural aspects of Indonesia.
- Knowledge and expertise in youth and youth issues.
- Knowledge of and/or already established relationships with networks of youth groups and youth stakekholders in Indonesia.
- Offering good value for money.
- Capacity to deliver within the timeframes set out below.
Outputs and deadlines
|RFP issued||Thursday, 23rd September 2021|
|Deadlilne for clarification questions (Clarification deadline) via In-Tend online platform||Monday, 4th October 2021, 23.59 BST|
|British Council to respond to clarification questions||Wednesday, 6th October 2021, 23.59 BST|
|Deadline for submission of RFP responses by potential suppliers (Response deadline)||Wednesday, 13th October 2021, 23.59 BST|
|Final decision||Friday, 22nd October 2021, 23.59 BST|
|Inception meeting and contract start date||Wednesday, 27th October 2021, 10.00 BST|
How to apply
To access the full information, documents and/or apply, please register/sign in into In-Tend online portal here: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/britishcouncil/aspx/Home
The In-Tend reference number for this opportunity is: BC/02036
If you have any queries regarding the In-Tend Host platform, please contact: email@example.com