Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) often rely on support from donors (grants) or donations as their main source of income. On the other hand, many of these sources of funds channeling to Indonesia are starting to decrease. CSOs have to find solutions how to stay sustainable.
Since 2013, British Council has started series of workshop to discuss with many CSOs on how to transform into a social enterprise as an alternative solution for CSOs to sustain themselves.
In addition to that, for the past nine years, the British Council has delivered a successful social leadership training programme called Active Citizens, that promotes inter cultural dialogue and community-led social development. Drawing on this programme, the British Council, in partnership with the Social Enterprise Academy, have developed a similar programme aimed at developing and supporting social enterprise leaders, called Active Citizens Social Enterprise.
British Council Indonesia has been delivering Active Citizens Social Enterprise (ACSE) since October 2015 to help and support social enterprise leaders to create sustainable social, environmental and cultural impact across the globe.
Hence, British Council will deliver Social Enterprise (ACSE) Workshop for Civil Society Organisations on 27-31 August 2019 in Jakarta.
- To get a better understanding of the main principles of the Social Entrepreneurship and its role in sustainable community development.
- To get a better understanding of the key elements of sustainable sosial enterprise.
- To get a better understanding of the challenges faced by social enterprises and how to respond to them.
- To strengthen their capacity for communitation and to build strong relationships; to build teams and harness diversity to develop social enterprises.
- To enhance their capacity to tap into, engage with and embed their organisation within the local community.
- To understand social entrepreneurship as an option for the sustainability of organisations to achieve their social mission and be able adopt the social entrepreneurship concept for organisation sustainability..
This training is relevant for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) with the following requirements:
- Interested in social entrepreneurship and have a concise plan to take action on how social enterprise can be an approach to scale up their CSOs’ performance.
- Have a strong commitment together with their organisation/institution to incorporate social entrepreneurship within the organisation, and to cascade the training to communities upon completion, in consultation with the British Council.
- CSO representative who participate in the workshop is a decision maker (e.g. founder, director, senior staff or councils). Each CSO can send up to one representative.
Due to limited space and in order to have effective workshop, participants will be selected for up to 30 participants. Please fill in application form here (Google Form)
Application deadline: 6 August 2019, 23:59 WIB. Britsih Council will only contact the selected participants by 14 August 2019.
- The British Council will select the participants as its sole discretion, based on the application form and availability of the workshop spaces.
- The British Council will select up to 30 participants to participate in this training.
- British Council will not provide transportation facilities (flight, train or car, etc) to and from Jakarta, the workshop location.
- For participants who live outside of Jakarta, British Council will provide twin-share accommodation during the workshop.