In March 2018, The British Council launched Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies (DICE) a commitment to addressing two critical, interlinked and complex issues:
- rising unemployment, underemployment and poor-quality employment prospects for young people in emerging economies;
- the lack of inclusive economic development in emerging economies which can translate into instability, political disaffection and reduced economic growth.
DICE’s works in higher education (HE) falls under both institutional and individual level. We will select 10 university business incubators to provide training and mentoring for young social and creative entrepreneurs. We kick-start this by delivering training for those running and managing university business incubators. The training will be facilitated by a team of UK and Indonesian trainers. Upon completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Understand the building blocks of successful university business incubators, learning from the experiences of UK and Indonesia;
- Upskill in areas related to business incubation;
- Have a chance to have deep discussion on how to better provide service, training, and mentoring for their tenants to innovate and/or grow their business;
- Engage in discussions to build networks amongst Indonesia university incubators and with the UK.
Participants of the training are the lecturers or staffs of the university business incubator that fulfil the following criteria:
- The incubator is a unit within university structure;
- The incubator has tenants who are working on social and/or creative sectors;
- Have strong commitment to cascade what they learn and to provide mentoring to tenants;
- Be able to organise cascade trainings.
Date and Venue
Date: 28 – 31 January 2019.
What British Council Provides
The British Council will provide training participants with the following:
- Training module;
- Meeting package including meals;
- Accommodation during the training.
- One university will only need to complete one application form and each university is expected to send up to three participants. Deadline for submission of application: 9 December 2018.
- Please email your query to Ihe.firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2018 at the latest.